Everyone loves the classic - Peanut Butter and Jelly. Let’s turn it into a snack and make it healthier (but still very tasty!).
And, let’s have a little FUN, gosh darnit!
GO GRAB THESE INGREDIENTS:
1) Thomas’ Light Multi-Grain English Muffin
- 6 grams of protein
- only 100 calories per muffin
- less than 1 gram of sugar per muffin
- 0 grams of trans fat
- These taste great
2) Peanut Butter
- Your best bet is an all-natural brand with low sodium and low sugar. You can keep it traditional with creamy or fill up all those nooks and crannies with chunky-style peanuts, mmm. Arrowhead Mills Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter is one of my favorites and it has:
- 95 calories in 1 Tbsp
- no sodium
- 0.5 grams sugar in 1 Tbsp (that’s very low)
3) Low-Sugar Jelly or Preserves
- I use Smucker’s Low-Sugar Strawberry Preserves, which has:
- 25 calories / Tbsp
- only 5 grams of sugar / Tbsp
NOW, DO THIS:
- Use only 1 half of the English muffin, toast in toaster
- Use 1 tablespoon of peanut butter to cover lightly
- Add a dollop of jelly to make the traditional PB&J complete
- Enjoy yourself! It’s Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!